Friday 15 September 2017

Beauty of Life

Ever wondered why life is so unpredictable? I do. I unfortunately have this bad habit of contemplating all the time. There have been several mornings when I wake up and ask myself what is the purpose today. Why am I still living to see today's sunrise. What have I done to make my presence felt on this planet. I feel to some questions, I may never find an answer but what if I do. What if I find what I actually want in life. A hobby or passion or work or study or travel that actually makes me happy.

Ask me to define happiness and I will answer with phrases and words that exist in my vocabulary. But is that so limited? They say be happy and be free like a bird, but am I? Can I just catch a flight and move to London to spend few weeks just because I wish so. No! Instead I will slog and follow the mundane whether I like it or not. And for whom? For earning money that may or may not give me happiness but surely some comfort which is enough to show the society that I live a happy life.

But, do I really care?

It was recently that I thought of not caring about the society for once. I wanted to take a leap of faith. I wanted to jump into emptiness and see what I can make of it. I wanted to be a free bird in literal sense and hold the string of my life, myself. And thats what I did.

I am writing this from a village in Karnataka. I have left my clinics and patients behind to live rural life for a year. I am the boss of my life. Away from family and friends, I have chosen to stay amongst strangers and make them a part of my life. Ask me if am happy, and I will say, I just dont know how to express it. This sense of freedom is new and still to be explored and all I have to say is,

Yes, life is unpredictable, because we make it unpredictable :)


No comments:

Post a Comment