Sunday 23 April 2017

Morning at Nubra


15th June'16

It was 6:30am. I woke up with the chirping of morning birds in the forest. I was laying on bed in a tent. Sun rays were yet to spread their warmth at Nubra valley, a geographically unique terrain located at 10,000 ft above sea level. The weather was too cold for a tropical person like me. 

I woke up from my bed, covered with four layers of clothing to step outside the tent. The view was breathtaking. Lush green grasses covered with morning dew, sparkling on the ground. The golden sun rays seen falling on top of mountain tips. The watercolor blue sky spread like a blanket over the massive valley. And a wood fire smoke seen at a distance from our breakfast being prepared. The calmness was addictive. Away from the cacophony of metro life, morning like this was bringing me closer to myself. 

Being the typical chai person that I am, I wished I was served with a hot cup of tea while I sit surrounded by 20 white tents. Occasional cold breezes were soothing and indulging.Random thoughts flowed through my mind as time passed. My journey at every point made me realise how tiny we were in front of mother nature. Natural beauty especially in himalayas can leave you with life long memories. The journey affects you spiritually, no wonder why the Dalai Lama has chosen the himalayas as his place to rest.  

Later my wish did get fulfilled. I was served with masala chai and hot Puri bhaji for breakfast. Hot and sumptous breakfast filled me with enthusiam to look forward for the adventurous day ahead.

2 comments: